As an RYA accredited training centre we've been providing practical and classroom training for a while; We are very pleased to anounce that we have now been approved as an online centre so all who can't make it down as often as they would like can now study from home for VHF, CEVNI, PPR, as well as Essential Navigation, Dayskipper, Yachtmaster Coastal and Ocean.
You can view all our current courses on Meetup
From time to time we get requests from students wishing to photograph or film on our amazing GYC site.
One of the latest artists, Isabella Brain, has made a lovely music video which shows off our venue beautifully.
Nice one Isabella.
10 TIPS FOR STAYING SAFE ON THE RIVER
1. Wear a lifejacket that will inflate or a buoyancy aid that will take your weight
2. Wear appropriate footwear
3. Take a hand held radio or phone in a waterproof case
4. Tell someone where you are going
5. Ensure your tender is sea worthy
6. Always use your ‘kill cord’
7. Secure any luggage or large items that you may be transporting
8. On arrival, approach into the tide and secure tender with a bowline to your boat. Consider using a stern line as well
9. When secured. Choose your moment to disembark, check for passing clippers or wash to subside
10. Remember, one hand for you and one for the boat