Happy New Year everyone. There's going to be a lot happening on the training front this year. We will be launching our refitted 42' training yacht in the spring and then running a range of practical courses and mile building trips. Our theory courses for the year will be starting with Dayskipper on the 11th January. Have a look at our calendar and then use Meetup to book.
The racing rules group is meeting TODAY at 7pm !!! Due to the dinghy meeting starting at 8pm....
The next meeting is scheduled for the 28.03.2017 starting the usual time 7:30 pm ...
We'll be learning and discussing racing rules with the goal to get more proficient in racing rules for better results, race officer duties and more fun on the water! When we reach a certain level of knowledge we will hold mock protest trials ...
Everyone is invited to join at anytime .... we'll bring you up to speed !
For details contact Betty
10 TIPS FOR STAYING SAFE ON THE RIVER
1. Wear a lifejacket that will inflate or a buoyancy aid that will take your weight
2. Wear appropriate footwear
3. Take a hand held radio or phone in a waterproof case
4. Tell someone where you are going
5. Ensure your tender is sea worthy
6. Always use your ‘kill cord’
7. Secure any luggage or large items that you may be transporting
8. On arrival, approach into the tide and secure tender with a bowline to your boat. Consider using a stern line as well
9. When secured. Choose your moment to disembark, check for passing clippers or wash to subside
10. Remember, one hand for you and one for the boat